July Holiday Camps – Going Ahead
We are thankful that our community and nation have made such great progress in the battle against COVID-19 and for the continual easing of restrictions across NSW. As a result, we are planning for our July school holiday camps to go ahead.
We understand the responsibility we have to run our camps safely and not to place any of our campers, leaders, staff or the wider community at undue risk. Research has shown there is limited transmission risk of COVID-19 associated with school children when they are together. We will though be implementing a range of new procedures to help increase the safety of all onsite. These include:
- Stricter cleaning and hygiene procedures
- A smaller number of campers on camp, and fewer campers in each cabin.
- Maintaining social distancing
- More sanitiser and hand-washing stations.
- Campers and leaders will not be able to ‘come-and-go’ from camp.
- Daily temperature checks
- Anyone displaying flu-like symptoms to stay away from camp, or to leave camp if symptoms arise during camp.
We are continuing to respond to the device and direction from the government and will be subject to this.
We are currently finalising the number of children we can take on the camps. As such, Parents/Carers can complete the “Register my Interest” form to apply for a place on camp, and we will be in contact if we have a place for your child.
Camp Kedron continues to take church, school and other group bookings for the second half of 2020 and into 2021.
We are strictly adhering to government directives in relation to social-distancing and indoor-space restrictions, as well as cleaning and food hygiene standards. The following people must stay at home and not to come to Camp Kedron:
- any person who is required to self-isolate based on the directives given by the health authorities,
- anyone who is unwell with respiratory illness or flu-like symptoms.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us here in the Camp office if you have any questions or enquiries.