January 2021 Holiday Camps – UPDATE
Due to the current COVID situation on the Northern Beaches, our Leadership Training Week (Jan 3-8) and Kedron Adventure Day Camp (Jan 4-7) have been cancelled.
We are hopeful that the January Primary Camp (Jan 10-15) and High-School Camp (Jan 17-22) will still be able to go ahead. We are awaiting on government announcements that will apply to the Northern Beaches northern zone from January 9. We will only run the camps if they can be run safely within the government guidelines and restrictions. We will be in touch with parents once we can confirm that the camps can (or cannot) go ahead.
We understand the responsibility we have to run our camps safely and not to place any of our campers, leaders, staff or the wider community at undue risk. While we cannot guarantee the health of anyone who comes to camp, we are implementing a range of procedures to help increase the safety of all onsite and reduce the risk of any virus transmission. This includes:
- A smaller number of campers on camp, and fewer campers in each cabin.
- Stricter cleaning and hygiene procedures
- Maintaining social distancing
- More sanitiser and hand-washing stations.
- Campers and leaders will not be able to ‘come-and-go’ from camp.
- Temperature checks on arrival
- Anyone displaying flu-like symptoms to stay away from camp, or to leave camp immediately if symptoms arise during camp.
We are continuing to respond to the advice and direction from the government and will be subject to this.
Our thoughts and prayers are with our community and all those affected by the current COVID outbreak.
Camp Kedron continues to take church, school and other group bookings for 2021.
We are strictly adhering to government directives in relation to social-distancing and indoor-space restrictions, as well as cleaning and food hygiene standards. The following people must stay at home and not to come to Camp Kedron:
- any person who is required to self-isolate based on the directives given by the health authorities,
- anyone who is unwell with respiratory illness or flu-like symptoms.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us here in the Camp office if you have any questions or enquiries.