The well-being and safety of your child is our highest priority at Camp Kedron. Our camp leaders are trained to care for your children and to make sure that camp is fun and safe for them. Everything we do is aimed at making Camp Kedron a child-safe and child-friendly place.
- We have outdoor games so children can run, play and explore; and indoor games and rest-times so kids can recharge.
- Activities are designed for the age-levels of the children and assessed for risk and safety.
- We provide nutritious and tasty meals. Chef Phill takes extra care with all special diets to ensure campers with special dietary needs are well cared for.
- Our leaders monitor that campers are wearing appropriate clothing and sun protection for activities.
- At night-time, bed-times are firmly adhered to.
- Each camp has a Camp Nurse who is first-aid trained and responsible for issuing medications.
- Our leaders are trained to making sure all campers feel included, safe and are making friends.
- 2 leaders sleep in the leaders section of each cabin, because we know that children are best cared for when adults are present.
- Bullying or any anti-social behaviour is not tolerated.
- We have Camp Parents who provide additional emotional support to campers, especially those who might be feeling homesick.
- At Camp children hear the message that God loves them, that He created them for a purpose and has a plan for their life. Each morning we have an interactive Bible talk followed by small group discussions where children can explore questions of faith and investigate the claims of the Bible. These sessions are always encouraging and respectful of children who might be coming from different faith backgrounds.
Camp Kedron has strong and established Child Safety procedures that cover all aspects of life on camp and a comprehensive Child Safety Policy. All leaders are trained in Child Safety at the beginning of every camp and must comply with Government Working with Children regulations.
Further information about life at Camp can be found on our FAQ page, or feel free to contact us on 0492 901 678 with any questions.