These are the principles by which we run our camps and work together as leaders:
Evangelism and Teaching
- We are committed to teaching basic Christian truths as an essential part of evangelism.
- We aim to express God’s Good News to children, young people and families, not only in words, but by building caring relationships with them.
- We make every effort to communicate the Gospel in contemporary language and in ways appropriate to the context.
- We emphasize that faith should always lead to action and to growth in Christian character and service.
- We acknowledge that the Gospel has inescapable social dimensions and therefore it involves us in service to others and a concern for social justice. In view of our specific aims, we have a responsibility for children and young people who are poor, deprived or exploited.
- We encourage children to follow Christ in ways that are appropriate to their age, culture and background, taking special account of their home and family situation and level of maturity.
- We believe that new birth is a profound supernatural experience, brought about by the Holy Spirit. So we invite people to respond to what He is doing in their lives and guard against calling for superficial responses.
- We recognise our part in God’s worldwide family and seek ways of working positively with a variety of churches.
- We encourage people who come to faith through our ministries to take part in the life of a local church fellowship.
Equality and Unity
- We believe that all human beings are of equal worth in the sight of God and that all those who put their faith in Christ are one in Him.
- We are therefore committed to exercising our ministries without discrimination as to race, colour, gender, language or social position.
- We express our Christian commitment in varied and creative ways since we are drawn from diverse backgrounds.
- We aim to follow Biblical principles in all that we do. This includes, for example, our administration, our publicity and the way we care for our staff and volunteers.
- We seek to honour God in carrying out our ministries, by combining prayerful reliance on Him with the use of the best available means, maintaining the highest standards possible.